report bugs via email
- Fixed a crash that can occur when changing between different raw files
from different camera types.
- Fixed some issues when switching between white balance settings.
- Fixed a crash that can occur when switching between color Rendering
- No longer generates a "Detail" log file.
- Known Bugs:
- A warning Message Box can appear during batch conversions that include
the creation of jpeg files.
- Reissued due to bad installer file including an outdated dll that
cause a startup crash.
- Fixed problem with wavelet noise reduction. Wrong subroutine was
called causing over-processing, artifacts, and very slow performance.
- Corrected Issues and compatibility problems with DNG files.
- Added compatibility with a large number of cameras and RAW files from
- Fixed some file parsing and metadata handling.
- Corrected the reading of white balance multiplies with certain
Release Notes: v0.92.001
- Greatly increased (≈6x to 40x) the performance of writing tiff files
to memory cards, USB thumb drives, etc. Also slightly increased the
performance of writing of tiff files to regular system drives. NOTE:
normal system disks normally still have much higher write performance
than memory cards and USB flash drives. Therefore, it is still advised
to convert raw files on system disks rather than directly from memory
- Corrected an issue with Chroma Noise Reduction where the bottom
several rows of image data was corrupted causing white marks along the
bottom edge of the image.
- Fixed an issue with Chroma Noise Reduction where RGB data was
corrupted near extreme highlights.
- (Wow! - Has it really been that long?)
- Added support for dozens of new cameras.
- Improved memory usage.
- Many internal bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Compiled with VC 2013 (was using VC 2008)
- Updated .NET framework from v2.0 to v3.5.
- Corrected DNG crash problem.
- Updated many raw data loader routines.
- Revamped metadata tag logging method to facilitate easier updates of
metadata parsing routines.
- Officially added Support for Windows 8 & 8.1
- Removed Official Support for Windows 2000.
- Added ability to support IPTC metadata to the RPL libraries, however
this functionality is not supported in RH.
- Added better support for "EXIF" tags in jpegs and tiffs.
- Updated installer.
- Added support for new Sony SLT and NEX models
- ACC: Improved rendering (Again).
- Increased rendering accuracy in situations where ACC makes wrong
- Corrected problem ACC had with noise in areas of high color
- Corrected problem with RH not finding the Lens database for Alpha
(Sony/Minolta) mount lenses.
- Added support for Lens reporting on most Canon dSLR's
- Added support for Lens reporting on Sony's NEX (E-Mount) lenses and/or
systems that support the EXIF LensModel tag.
- Added support for Nikon Lens database
- ACC: Improved rendering.
- Now it should no longer be necessary to use more then 2 (default)
to 4 ACC iterations. Control maximum is now 4.
- Due to greater Initial rendering accuracy, Controls now have much
lower perceived effect.
- Improved rendering of diagonal details (was too strong)
- ACC: Fixed a bug and improved rendering.
- Initial rendering accuracy greatly improved
- Now it should no longer be necessary to use more then 2 (default)
to 4 ACC iterations
- Due to greater Initial rendering accuracy, Controls now have much
lower perceived effect.
- Improved speed and quality of resized Jpeg output.
- Corrected behavior of the Batch Queue.
- The batch queue now turns off after it completes.
- The batch queue completion status now includes the creation of
Jpeg & Tiff files.
- Converted RAWHide to use the new RAWPhotoLab library (dll). The
RAWPhotoLab library is the next generation of the RAWHide dll and
contains many bug fixes and new features that have been developed in the
last year. Some of these features may not be available via RAWHide's GUI
but are being developed for use in RAWHide's big brother.
- Corrected problem in Sharpness Controls.
- Added simplified image rotation control - This control is
"preliminary" and is included mainly so feedback can be given on the
quality of the rotation routine. More control will be added later to
address cropping of corners and so on.
- Enhanced and Improved the ACC demonising routine.
- Changed ACC's default settings to give better initial results.
- Increased the range on USM strength.
- Corrected a bug in the White Balance RGB Multipliers Controls
- Added the "No Multipliers" button to White Balance - This sets the WB
to manual and sets all multipliers to 1.0. This will usually result in
an image that is overly green. Some will find this useful in combination
with "Science Mode".
- Corrected a problem were clicking "Half Size Output Only" is the files
save preferences caused a crash.
- Fixed a problem with invalid numbers in the WB controls v0.81.001
- Fixed the missing lens data on Minolta/Alpha mount cameras v0.81.001
- Fixed that Sony A100 files caused RH to crash v0.81.001
- Fixed the dead thumbnailer v0.81.001
- Corrected problem with the Color Temp & Hue WB controls
- Corrected an issue with File Associations
- Updated and added full support for many cameras (too many to list)
- Added tentative support for some other camera models
- Many internal bug fixes
- Added Support for various Pentax dSLRs.
- Added tentative support for many other camera models
- Made several internal improvements (fixed many compiler warnings)
- Added Full Support for Canon 7D
- Added Tentative support for Olympus dSLR's
- Added Tentative support for Panasonic Lumix LX3 (and others)
- Added Full Support for Sony Alpha a850
- Added Tentative support for Sony Alpha a500 & a550
- Improved support for some Nikon dSLRs.
- Sony Alpha dSLR's are exposing too dark at ISO 200 and higher.
- Added Support for Sony Alpha a230, a330, & a380
- Improved caching of Thumbnails
- Fixed a problem where Certain highlight situations caused ugly "blown"
- Fixed Errors related to the Session List when using EDIT->REMOVE.
- Addded Chroma Noise Reduction!
- Added User Selectable Tiff Output Directories!
- Improved/Corrected Highlight Reconstruction Rendering (Fixes the
- "Zoom related" bug fixes.
- Fixed a bug where some "EXIF" data was corrupt or wrong in output
- Improved campatiblity of "EXIF" data with certian readers (i.e.
Vista's Windows Explorer)
- Fixed a problem where the preview can got "blown out" (too bright)
when first zooming to 100% scale.
- Fixed serious image problems with rotated (vertical) TIFF output!
- Fixed a problem where RH sometimes failed to output a tiff file during
- Fixed a problem where modifing the image comments before saving to
tiff caused the batch conversion to fail.
- Major Speed improvement (Depends on file size, CPU, RAM, etc).
- Image Loading time improvements 1.2x to 2x faster.
- Certain controls (ie: levels panel) are 3x to 10x faster!
- Other controls are 1.5x to 5x faster!
- Conversion to tiff 20% to 50% faster.
- Added "Preview Calculation Scale" menu items.
- Improved Highlight Reconstruction Rendering.
- Fixed an error caused by a compiler configuration issue that caused RH
to be built against dll's that where older the the ones that shipped
with it. RH would crash on startup as a result.
- Completed an internal reordering of the image processing routines that
should allow for faster display updates in the future.
- Improved the rendering of skin tones using certain render modes
(removed/reduced yellow skin cast with "Vivid" modes)
- Significant improvements made to color output.
- New Render Modes (styles). Some of these work with Human color
perception for more pleasing results. (More to come in the future)
- Improved skin tones (esp. using "Normal" Rendering Mode)
- Improvements to the Highlight Recovery and Compression routines.
- Better compatibility with some Windows custom File Tags (metadata).
- Improved the reliability of the batch queue.
- The thumbnailer now remembers the setting for the List Type
(Vertical, Horizontal, or List).
- Fixed a rare bug in which some users experienced a crash during the
display of the RAWHide program (at startup).
- Added "Science" Render Modes for those wishing to use RH for
- RH can now output "extra" 16 bit monochrome tiffs for each color
- RH will no longer overwrite "in camera" jpegs with it's own output
(thankfully no one complained about this!)
- Small menu and layout changes.
- Fixed a problem where Rawhide crashed on startup if you only had one
- Thumbnails will now display if the RAW file has no embedded thumbnail
but there is a seperate jpeg
- Added Monitor Color Profile selection controls
- Most processing routines are now multi-threaded! Users with multi-core
processors should see significant speed improvements!
- Improved the speed and rendering quality of the ACC Demosaicing
- Removed the ACC Multi-pass check box.
- Corrected an issue with both the ECW and SNS routines that caused ugly
dark lines to appear in RAW files that exhibited certain qualities.
- Added ECW/SNS Detail Strength setting.
- Reduced the memory usage of the ECW routine.
- Added support for the Canon 5D MKII and the Canon 50D.
- Reordered some controls and menus.
- Added a menu item to Reset the Preferences to "Factory" Defaults.
- Fixed a problem invovling the writing of sidecar files.
- Fixed a problem when several files are in Session and JPEG output was
selected where the batch queue continued to reprocess the last Jpeg in
the list several times.
- Fixed a problem in which RAWHide throws a null reference exception the
first time it is started.
- Changes the location that some settings were being stored.
(Thumbnailer will forget the last directory the first time run after
- Worked around a cause (another Microsoft Bug) that may have caused the
Batch thread to exit (crash) when saving a Jpeg.
- Added support for the Canon Powershot G10
- Fixed an issue in which Jpeg settings were not retained.
- Improved (?) a rare issue where the Batch thread would exit (crash)
when saving a Jpeg.
- Added simplified JPEG output with resizing capability.
- Fixed an issue where new rawfiles would not preview beyond 50%
- Fixed a serious issue in v0.40.006 where settings were being reset to
factory defaults after each change.
- Completely revamped RAWHide's "SideCar" file handling. (Your
Preferences will need to be redone after installation - sorry!)
- The RAWHide installer no longer sets file associations.
- New Associations menu item will now allow users to select which raw
files types will be associated with RAWHide. See documention for
- Users now have a choice of using RAWHide's "Artist" (photographer)
setting or using the samera's setting (if available).
- The Thumbnailer now remembers its last directory! Yeah! No more
"Click, Click, Click, Click, Click,...."
- Thumbnailer: Fixed an issue where the "Details" listing would throw an
- Thumbnailer: Fixed an exception that was thrown when generating
thumbnails for certain file types.
- Thumbnailer: Fixed an issue where the wrong icon was displayed for
- Improved a rare issue where a RAW file would not preview at 100% or
more and/or the files refused to process to a tiff. (This fix could not
be confirm by me as it was to rare on my test systems to determine root
- Fixed the installer so the Thumbnailer shortcut is now installed
- Corrected internal error related to sidecar file generation.
- Canon 5D Images that were rotated previewed blank (black) but
- The Metadata collapse tab now functions.
- If the control panels take up more space then is available, they will
now be accompanied by a scroll bar.
- Fixed an issue were the NR Radius Reset button caused an exception to
- Corrected an issue that required the download and install of Microsoft
Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package. The required files are now
included with the RAWHide installer and are now recognized. There is no
functional reason to upgrade to the .003 build if .001 or .002 are
working for you.
- No functional changes, just reduced the size of the downloadable.
- Added a new thumbnail viewer/picker.
- Features LARGE icons with meta data display.
- It can be used with RAWHide, not at all, or all by itself.
- Basic, easy to use functionality.
- RAWHide and its new Thumbnailer are "Multiscreen Aware" with needed
- Users can now switch the currently displayed photo by using the
up/down arrow keys.
- Incorporated true Gaussian based USM sharpening.
- Split the Demosaicing, Noise Reduction, and Sharpening collapsible
- Modified layout/location of some controls and text inputs.
- Simplified the Color Management Settings
- RAWHide now reports Canon Lens Names
- Thumbnail Previews are now shown rotated in the mini preview display.
- Raw files on the clipboard can now be added to the session via the
- Improved the speed of the Noise Reduction routine.
- Greatly Improve overall program stability. (See Below)
- Fixed White Balance Color Temp & Hue problem.
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes when using Dark Frames and/or Flat
- Fixed a bug where Switching Color Profiles from a profile to "None
(Gamma Only)" to and then back to a profile resulted in a crash.
- Fixed a bug that caused RAWHide to crash when switching between RAW
- Worked around a Microsoft bug that caused RAWHide to crash when a
certain number of files were remotely added to the session list (i.e. by
double clicking files in Windows Explorer).
- Fixed A brief, but annoying, .net error message that would popped up
- Fixed the problem where the "Hot Pixel Filter" caused gray patches to
occur in areas of completely blown highlights when used without a
- Fixed a problem where Occasionally, for no good reason, Images refused
to "Send to Editor" or Batch Process. (Batch process just kept looping).
- Fixed a bug where "Overcooking" NR Controls/Settings resulted in black
patches in bright areas.
- RAWHide now correctly reports the ISO Speed value for Panasonic LX1
- Fixed a problem where double-clicking a file in Windows Explorer when
an instance of RAWHide was already open did not always open the file in
the first RAWHide instance.
Fixed (I hope) a compatibity issue with Windows XP SP3 that caused an
error when rendering the thumbnail view.
Finalized support for the Sony a900.
Corrected output for the Canon 1Ds mkIII.
Reduced memory usage by another ~30% (Approximately 60% less compared to
two builds ago!)
Added Tentative support for the Sony a900.
Added tentative support for the Canon 1Ds mkIII.
Reduced memory usage by about 40% (Required to support those HUGE Alpha
900 24.6MP files).
Rewrote or modified several routines to allow
reduced memory usage.
Edited and added to Alpha Lens database.
Added Image Noise Reduction (See the Advanced Controls).
Fixed problem introduced in v0.30.007 where only a single file could be
loaded. RAWHide would not accept any files past the first one.
Removed graphic background on Splash/Help box (Reduces download size).
Corrected minor error in Alpha Lens database.
Fixed a rendering problem with the Pentax K10D & K20D DNG Files along
the bottom and right hand edge.
Fixed that fact that Pentax K10D PEF Files were not recognised by RAWHide.
Verified support for the Canon Powershot G9.
Fixed a problem that caused certain 14bit images from the Nikon D3 and
D700 to not render correctly.
Changed a problem that caused the new UI colors to appear too dark on
Windows XP (Vista looked OK). (There is still a problem with some of the
controls that should be cleaned up in the next release)
Added support and tentative support for several "new" cameras...
Canon 1000D (SX)
Canon 450D (SXi)
Completely reworked the User Interface - new style, new color, new layout.
Added the ability to Cut and Paste White Balance values from one image to
another (or several images at once).
Added RGB multipliers as a direct option for whitebalance (also to
accomodate ability to cut and paste WB)
Added Image Rating to RHC, RHC adds the rating to the Tiff file's Metadata
in a way that is recognized by Windows.
Added a basic Sharpness control.
Modified the content of displayed Meta data.
Further improved an issue where RAWHide would not work correctly on multi
Fixed a bad bug that caused RHC to crash or stop working correctly after
opening more then 4GB worth of RAW files at a time.
Made MANY improvements to RHC's handling of memory - mainly to improve
Improved reliability of darkframes and flatframes.
Fixed a bug that caused a crash when quickly displaying thumbnails.
Fixed a bug that caused a crash when switching between files.
Verified support for the Sony DSLR-A300.
Made corrections and additions to the lens database.
* Improved an issue where some
threads were not working correctly on multi core processors
* Changed the installer to allow
RAWHide to be install on Windows 2000
* Changed install to require .net
* Fixed a problem that caused
first time users to experience a crash as RH was starting.
* Added support for the Sony
* Added tentative support for the
Sony DSLR-A300. (Not tested but it should work)
* Improved some error handling.
* Added tentative support for the
Sony DSLR-A350. (Color might be off slightly)
* Made some changes to the layout
of the controls.
* Much Improved Stability!
o Corrected numerous places where
available error checking was not implemented.
o Weeded out many bugs and errors.
o Added error checking and some
new exception trapping.
* All new "Fast" Demosiacing
Routine, This routine gives high quality results only slightly lower then
those of the ACC routine but is very very fast.
* Enhanced the speed and tweaked
the quality of the ECW routine.
* Moved the "Save Image Settings"
and "Load Image Setting" buttons into the menu making more room for the
* The batch processing completely
reworked and is now done in its own process instead of a thread. This
should have the following advantages...
o Greatly improves the reliability
of the Batch Queue.
o Greatly reduce the
"disappearing" crashes due to memory allocation errors from single process
* Fixed a problem in which certain
settings based on camera settings were not reflected in the controls.
* Updated the user guide -
* Reduced the install package size
slightly (One less dll)
* Fixed a problem with "Send to
Editor" where the raw image was not being processed with the current
* Fixed a problem in which setting
the EV slider could result in a crash.
* Improved the speed of the ACC
routine by about 10%.
* Fixed a couple other problems
that caused exceptions to be thrown from time to time.
* Greatly reduced RAWHide's memory
consumption. This should also make RAWHide more stable when working with
large (i.e. a700) raw images. This could mean as much as 600 megabytes
less memory being consumed for 12Mp images! (and there is still room for
* Corrected an problem where
RAWHide would not run properly after the install. (Users got a "not
properly configured" error.)
* Improved some of the GUI logic.
* Slightly improved processing
* Fixed problem with the rendering
of ECW routine on certain dark images cause by raw data with a "zero"
value (caused what looked like "hot pixels").
* Corrected a problem with UI
logic that caused certain changes to white balance settings to not be
* Fixed a problem in which rapid
changes to the image settings would cause further changes to not process.
* Fixed problem in which initial
settings made and "saved" where not being retained.
* Fixed some issues with removing
files from the current session list.
* Improved the rendering of ECW
routine on certain dark images.
* Fixed an issue with the "add"
session menu selection in which duplicate images would be listed.
o RAWHide will now only list the
same file one time.
* Improved the robustness of some
* Updated the rest of the Demosiac
Routines for faster previews.
* Corrected the form's title to
reflect the correct version.
* Fixed a bug that caused RAWHide
to throw an exception error on startup if it was started by
double-clicking a raw file.
* Vastly improved Preview and
* New Batch Processing Handling
* UI Bug fixes
* Tweaked a700 exposure for images
over ISO 100
* Improved panning to edges
* Corrected some issues that
caused the previous build to crash, esp. with large RAW files.
* Improved exposure of a700 images
taken above 100 ISO. (Raw Image Data above 100 ISO are about one stop too
* Corrected "Selected Point" WB
issue for some cameras.
* Continued internal coding
changes to enable fast previews - Users will not notice these changes or
any speed improvements at this time. This release is only to ensure these
changes have not introduced new bugs by allowing users to test...
* Revised, corrected, and
substantially added to the Alpha mount lens database.
* Added a "Lookup Lens on
Dyxum.com" menu pick. This allows users to see details about their lenses
on the Dyxum database.
* Started internal coding changes
to enable fast previews - Users will not notice these.
* Fixed at least one big cause of
the "LoadTiffImage" Exception that was plaguing many.
* Increased Vista compatibility.
* Added better Exception Handling
and Thread Safety
* Generally increased Robustness.
* Fixed a problem in which users
without a drive D:/ were crashing out on startup.
* Changed an installer setting to
(hopefully) fix a Vista loading issue.
* Added some additional Exception
Handling (To debug a user problem)
* Made the menus a bit more
"traditional" (User Suggestion)
* Added the "Auto Process" check
box. When checked, RAWHide will not wait for the user to click the Row
Header when a setting is adjusted. (User Feedback)
* Added a missing lens to the
Alpha Mount database.
· Initial Alpha Release.